Julia, kylie, CarolineAnd Gretchen Name their dragons, define antagonists, and wonder if they’re safe to trust House of the Dragon as they fully discuss season one.
listen below subscribe/listen on iTunes (the latest episode will be updated in the app even if it’s not on the site yet), Subscribe to our RSS feedsearch for “Unabashed Book Snobbery” in any podcast app or download one MP3 of the episode here (go to ‘show all’).
The intro & outro Saltarello is performed by Stary Olsa from her album Liepšaje (The Best) Available on Bandcamp.
- 0:00 – Introduction
- 3:15 – The adjective game & fandom engagement
- 18:45 – HOTD tops itself/the end
- 25:20 – Missteps, favorites and Matt Daemon
- 29:40 – Avoid and dodge, typical Airbender tactics
- 39:20 – Season structure
- 51:30 – What is an antagonist?
- 1:02:00 – Liberating Violence
- 1:09:20 – Babes and MMD
- 1:22:30 – The dagger of everything
- 1:32:45 – Are we going to be duped again?
- 1:45:45 – Hopes and Dreams of Season 2
- 1:56:20 – The Aemond of everything
- 2:05:20 – Name your dragon!
Do you have strong thoughts about this piece that you need to share? Or maybe you have something else in mind that you’d like to share with other fandomentals? Visit our community Server to join the conversation!